For instant access to the cutting edge of fashion, there is no better place to start than with the industry’s top magazines, nearly all of which are free online. With amazing photos, illustrations, in-depth interviews and profiles, fashion design professionals identify the latest trends and last year’s has been with a simple click.
- Elle – With a mission to help its readers develop their own personal style, Elle presents the latest in fashion with a smart, irreverent approach. Although it provides a wide range of lifestyle content, this magazine puts fashion first with feature articles, trend reports, must reads and, of course, lots of photographs.
- Gentlemen’s Quarterly – Aspiring to be the premier magazine for men’s fashion, culture and style for over 50 years, GQ “speaks to all sides of the male equation.” Fashion professionals keep current with the magazine’s Week in Style and Fashion Shows sections. An exploration of the fundamentals of men’s fashion can be found in its GQ Rules. Focusing on the well-dressed man from A to Z, even special sections devoted to Grooming, Shoes and Watches can be found.
- Glamour – What to wear and how to wear it are the focus of Glamour. Part of the Condé Nast publishing empire, Glamour boasts a print circulation of over 2,000,000. Trends are highlighted under its fashion pages with recurring features on Celebrity Style, Outfit Ideas, Bags and Shoes. The magazine rounds out its publication with articles that inspire and profiles of industry leaders.
- Harper’s Bazaar – With a focus on elegance, Harper’s Bazaar has been devoted to women’s fashion and design for over 140 years. On its Fashion pages, sections devoted to the latest collections, Street Style, Trends, Shopping Guides and the most recent fashion shows all can be found. Young designers may particularly enjoy the magazine’s profiles of the hottest people in the industry under its Fashion Designers page.
- InStyle – This online magazine provides full fashion coverage with features like What’s Right Now and Shop Like an Editor! In addition, InStyle takes fashion fiends behind-the-scenes with its InSide InStyle page, where aspiring fashion design professionals get a “peek at the people, things and scenes behind the brand.”
- Marie Claire – This magazine strives to be a style catalyst, devoting over half of its content strictly to fashion. Trends, Tips and How Tos are augmented with Fashion Videos, News and Street Style Daily. With its unique Behind the Cover, Marie Claire takes a step-by-step approach to creating the hottest looks of the day.
- Vogue – From high fashion to daily wear, Vogue provides full, up-to-date coverage on what’s happening in the fashion industry. Guides, Best Dressed, Most Wanted and 5 Days 5 Looks I Girl are among its popular pages. In addition, find quick reads about the brands, designers, editors, photographers, models and personalities of fashion with Voguepedia. Access to Vogue’s 400,000 plus images is also available with a subscription.